About SUEZ North America
SUEZ North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 2,825 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.6 million people on a daily basis; treats over 560 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 160,000 tons of waste for recycling; rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers; and manages $4.1 billion in total assets. The company posted revenues of $1.1 billion in 2018 and is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
Under the general direction of Plant Manager, responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance and repair of the wastewater treatment plant equipment, pump stations, lift stations and performs related work as required.
Responsible for operating water and wastewater treatment plant equipment on a shift basis. Duties include, but are not limited to: operating, on a permanent or rotating basis, assigned treatment plant equipment; obtaining and recording, either in writing or by data entry, the readings of meters and gauges; daily inspections and maintenance of assigned equipment; cleans console; removes debris from equipment; sampling liquid streams, preparing reports and records pertaining to equipment operation and related matters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates degree in related field is preferred. Experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Valid Driver''s License and the ability to meet risk management guidelines is required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of wastewater treatment plant operations.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of collection system operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the materials, methods, tools and equipment used in the construction, maintenance and operation of wastewater treatment systems.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations relating to wastewater system operations.
- Knowledge and ability to analyze data and maintain computer records.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform standard laboratory sampling and testing.
- Available for stand-by duty and emergencies as needed.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as chemical dosing, flow calculations, pipe or tank capacity.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and factual variables.
- Two (2) to Five (5) years experience in wastewater treatment operations.
- Mass Grade III or higher Wastewater Treatment Certification as required by facility being operated, or the ability to obtain within 1 year
- Mass Collection System Grade I desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.