Clean Harbors is currently looking for a Wastewater Operator to join the team. The Wastewater Operator will work day shifts and some weekend shifts (1/2 days) and be responsible and accountable for day to day wastewater operations at a facility located in Holbrook, Massachusetts. The candidate will complete wastewater treatment operations and assist in providing direction to staff in line with Clean Harbor's policies and strategy. Operators and Chief Operators are encouraged to apply.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Conduct daily, bi-weekly and/or monthly inspections (for proper system operation, inventory, organization, general tidiness and cleanliness) in addition to overseeing the tracking, scheduling and completion of equipment maintenance; Inspection data will be entered into daily, weekly and monthly reports;
- Complete or ensure completion of periodic field inspections to monitor operations, repairs, installations and to document that equipment is kept up to customer and Clean Harbors standards in addition to ensuring quality control and verifying that established procedures are being followed (i.e. Use of PPE, proper sampling procedure, customer relations);
- Ensure all appropriate operating permits are complied with in a timely fashion by fostering a professional and personable working relationship with the appropriate regulating authority.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Minimum 5 years of applicable Wastewater Treatment System experience; Those with years higher than the minimum are also encouraged to apply;
- Massachusetts Grade 5 or higher Wastewater Treatment Certification required;
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office applications (Word, Excel);
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize work assignments, and the ability to be flexible and work extended hours during the winter season in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Valid driver’s license with a clean Abstract;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.