Ken's Foods, a fast growing food manufacturer of dressings and sauces, is seeking Wastewater Treatment Operators for 2nd and 3rd shifts. This position will treat wastewater from process operation before discharging to city plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain compliance with city and state wastewater treatment rules and regulations
- Make minor repairs to pumps, valves, and instruments
- Keep proper records
- Water sampling and testing as required
- Gather and submit water tests as required
- Maintain daily report
- Monitor remotely status of the plant when not attended in rotation with another operators
- On call as required
- Return to the plant for corrective activities after hours when required
- Participate actively in meetings associated with modification of plant and plant equipment
- Make appropriate changes as required or recommended by plant designer and monitor
- Conduct self-inspections and audits of facility documenting results.
- Operate and maintain the overall plant
- Coordinate and participate in the maintenance of plant equipment
- Provide technical assistance to repairs being made documenting results.
- Write work orders for repair work needed
- Monitor status of plant maintenance backlog
- Coordinate for maintenance of plant aeration bed
- Monitor plant gas compression system that feeds the cogeneration system
- Monitor and repair plant gas bubble
- Monitor and repair plant scrubber
- Maintain, monitor and repair plant glycol trap
- Maintain plant in proper sanitary state
- Develop and manage repair parts for the plant
- Ensure plant equipment is functioning as designed
- Make recommendations to plant improvement
- Assist in recovery and cleanup when spills occur.
- Support the loading of sludge trucks
- Maintain and operate plant centrifuge
- Work with vendors on cost control
- Ability to conduct plant tours
- Rebuild pumps and valves and or send out for repair as required
- Request pumps and valves that are not economically repairable
- Coordinate for area grounds keeping and vegetation control.
- Ensure exterior of the facility is maintained.
- Purchase raw materials required for the plant.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Massachusetts Wastewater Treatment License (Class V); ability to get a license to operate boiler license.
Employment with Ken’s Foods is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test, background screening, and pre-employment assessment.
Water Treatment Specialist / Waste Water Operator