- Responsible for working under the Senior Barrier Technician, disassembling, assembling Passive Water Barrier systems.
- Staging, assembling and deploying barrier systems on shore to off shore.
- Heavy labor required along with on water activities.
- Ability to determine safe working loads of wire rope, nylon ropes, manila and other synthetic line and must demonstrate ability to safely rig gangways and safety net.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the safe working load of wire and shackles and of the formula for determining the weights of chain, steel plate, wood, and concrete. Ability to splice wire and rope and knowledgeable in proper use of slings.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the safe operation of cranes and of forklifts.
- Demonstrated ability to fabricate steel and wood structures used in cribbing and shoring up under ships after docking.
- Demonstrated safe operation of small work boats/yard tugs
- High School Diploma
- 2 Years + of Heavy Rigging Experience
- Experience using heavy tools and equipment
- Knowledge and experience using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction Industry 29 CFR 1926 training
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926.753 Rigging Training Certificate
- Fork Lift Operators License
- RapidGate access card
- Experience working on Naval Facilities