Teach group water exercise to individuals with varying degrees of abilities, implement proper guidelines: flexibility, strength, endurance and cardiovascular conditioning.to create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with Mt. Hood Community College Aquatic Center policies and procedure. He or she is responsible for continuous high-quality customer service and member engagement, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting member/guest needs and presenting a positive attitude.
- Teaches water exercise class with enthusiasm, creativity and effectiveness for participants to maximize their personal physical exercise goals.
- Maintains vigilance while conducting classes in order to maintain constant control of the class and emphasize safety at all times. Assists with Emergency Action Plan whenever needed.
- Greets, introduces, and welcomes participants; strives to greet participants by name. Logs class attendance numbers on the attendance sheet. Promotes classes and helps with promotions and events.
- Arrives to class well prepared and organized with routine and music. Educates participants concerning safe exercise techniques and monitors for safety using positive reinforcement. Uses exercise equipment and/or music appropriately for class participants.
- Communicates effectively with water exercise leaders and pool management personnel regarding classes, participants, equipment, space, and cancelations. Ensures knowledge of Mt. Hood Community College Aquatic Center polices and can effectively communicate these to members and guests.
- Completes paperwork as indicated for classes and payroll.
- Maintains water exercise certification with an accredited organization.
- Attends water exercise instructor meetings regularly.
- Helps with housekeeping duties as needed, ensuring pool and deck area is functional for the next class.
Job Type: Part-time Hourly
Location: Gresham Campus, Oregon