The?Botetourt Family YMCA is in search of an experienced and high-energy Water Fitness Instructor to lead water fitness classes. This position will lead and conduct water fitness classes according to YMCA philosophy of developing a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. Applicants should exhibit knowledge of the physical principles of water and how they are applied to fitness and exercise.? Applicants must also be able to demonstrate the ability to conduct a safe, effective, and fun exercise class for others while upholding and supporting the mission and core values of the YMCA. Current YMCA Lifeguard, Aquatic Safety Assistant, and/or Water Fitness Instructor certifications are recommended, but not required.
Communicates effectively and provides leadership in aquatic exercise programs according to the YMCA aquatic policy while maintaining a safe environment.? Follows the YMCA philosophy of developing a healthy spirit, mind, and body for him- or herself and for others while upholding and supporting the mission and four core values of the YMCA.
- Knowledgeable of all components of health and fitness principles.
- Conduct a safe, effective, fun exercise class.
- Use effective choreography, cuing, and music selection.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and training events.
- Stay current with the latest safety information and research in the fitness industry.
- Use music with appropriate lyrics and beats per minute as established the Aquatics Director.
- Cover classes when you are unable to teach.? Classes are not to be cancelled.
- Other duties as assigned.