Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Water Resources Engineer to perform floodplain and stormwater analyses and design tasks on various water resources engineering projects. This position is located in our Chantilly, VA office.
- Independently perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of riverine systems
- Perform field investigations and GIS data processing to obtain data necessary for hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Prepare floodplain and watershed studies
- Support Stormwater/Green Infrastructure design projects
- Prepare project reports
- Work with a team of water resources engineers and GIS specialists
- Supervise technicians and support staff as necessary
- Some travel/field work may be required (usually in the Southeast U.S.)
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field
- 2-5 years’ related experience
- Engineer-in-Training certification preferred
- Knowledge of riverine hydrology and hydraulics required; Experience with HEC-1, HEC-2, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, TR-20 and SWMM models preferred
- Experience using ArcGIS preferred
- Experience with FEMA’s Mapping Information Platform (MIP) preferred
- Experience complying with FEMA’s Data Capture Technical Reference
- FEMA Hazus software experience a plus
- Stormwater design experience a plus
- Experience using AutoCAD a plus
- Certified Floodplain Manager a plus
- NPDES MS4/TMDL/Water Quality experience a plus
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.