Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects is currently seeking a Civil Water Wastewater Manager with a minimum of 8 years’ experience to lead and grow our water/wastewater engineering team in Kansas City, MO. Wilson & Company is looking to expand our Midwest water/wastewater group and build upon the foundational work that we already have in this region. Therefore, we are in search of someone with strong local client relationships and technical knowledge that wants an opportunity to manage and grow this group.
- Although expected to work independently, this individual must be able to interact well with and direct other team members within the Wilson & Company team.
- High degree of interpersonal and communication skills is necessary.
- Strong relationships with municipalities and other clients within the Kansas City Metro Area.
- Knowledge of proposal preparation and development of marketing materials.
- Knowledge of business related accounting functions.
- Experienced with local and state environmental regulations that may pertain to the design of water and wastewater projects.
- Must have obtained a minimum of a Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent discipline, with an emphasis in Water and/or Wastewater.
- Champion the company’s values: Shared Ownership, Collaboration, Intensity, Discipline, and positive energy in the day-to-day operations to create a professional and productive workplace.
- BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- PE License in MO and KS, or ability to obtain PE license in near-future.
- Required to have to have a minimum of 8 years’ of experience in water and wastewater engineering with management experience.
- Experience with technical designs of water distribution, sewer collection, treatment processes, I&I reduction, technical report preparation, and plan production.
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 13 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background screening.