Front Range Community College
Professional Technical Hourly, Student Affairs Specialist - Westminster Campus
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Completed application package includes:
- Letter of interest detailing experience as related to the position;
- An eForm application;
All candidates, including current Front Range Community College employees must submit a complete application packet which includes all material listed above. Only completed application packets will move forward for screening. Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. It is your responsibility to demonstrate on your application that you meet all of the minimum requirements listed above to be considered. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected. Selected applicants will be invited by the screening committee for interviews. All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied.FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report. An education verification will also be conducted on selected candidate.
FRCC is committed to diversity and inclusion and is intentional about creating a learning and working environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. FRCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin in employment or in our educational programs and activities.
The Student Affairs Specialist (SAS) serves prospective, new, and continuing students in a 1-1 setting. SAS are required to maintain a broad knowledge of all college departments in order to serve students in matters of enrollment processes, student accounts, financial aid, student records, and other student related processes and policies. The position provides a high level of customer service and sensitivity in responding to student drop-ins and inquiries from students and staff. The SAS also serves as a co-supervisor and front line trainer of student employees at the Welcome Desk. The SAS works closely with all Student Affairs departments.
- Provide assistant to drop-in students (new and current) regarding class search/section, course registration, identifying registration blocks/holds, and other student registration needs.
- Helps new students navigate through the FRCC enrollment steps.
- Serves prospective students in a one-on-one setting regarding college decision making.
- Determines students' needs and provides service as appropriate through immediate solution or transfer to the appropriate person or department.
- Maintains knowledge of several Student Affairs departments and FRCC policies including, but not limited to, admissions, records, financial aid, testing, academic advising, etc.
- Addresses basic student complaints/concerns and informs administration when necessary.
- Utilizes SARS to schedule appointments for Student Affairs Departments.
- Works collaboratively with Welcome Desk supervisor to identify areas for Welcome Desk staff training needs; acts as a front-line trainer for student staff.
- Also in conjunction with the Welcome Desk manager, identifies areas for process improvement and executes the implementation of solutions.
- Collaborates with campus departments to maintain a resource manual of college departments and academic programs.
- Give presentations to prospective/new students regarding FRCC enrollment processes.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Utilize BANNER frequently through collecting student information, verifying accuracy in BANNER, and records student documents in BANNER.
- Other duties as assigned by the Welcome Desk Supervisor
- Associate's Degree
• Two (2) years of experience working in Student Affairs within a higher education environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to research, explain, and resolve student questions and concerns
• Knowledge of FERPA and FRCC policies and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
• Experience with Banner or another student information system
• Experience working at a community college or university
• Supervision of student staff
Part-time hours are somewhat variable and cannot exceed 28 hours per week.
Welcome to Front Range Community College, where you come for the students, but stay for the people!
Notice to Prospective Employees: Front Range Community College is required by the Clery Act of 1990 to notify prospective employees, current employees, students and applicants where to access our Campus Security Report. The report is updated and published annually in accordance with the Higher Education Amendments of 1998, Federal Student Right-to-Know, the Federal Drug-free Schools and Campuses Act of 1989. This report contains information about:
- Front Range Community College's alcohol and other drug policy
- VAWA policy
- Campus security policies
- Campus/community resources
- Where to find registered sex offender information
- Crime statistics for the previous three calendar years
- Reporting crimes
The Campus Security Report can be accessed in two ways:
- By going to the internet website at: Clery Act Information
- Printed copies of the FRCC Campus Annual Security Report are available on request through the Dean of Students Affairs Office and any college Campus Security and Preparedness Office.