The Wealth Strategist is responsible for selling trust and investment products and services to individuals, foundations and endowments. Seeks prospects, presents products and services in calling presentations, and follows through to complete the sale. Maintains ongoing contact with clients and promotes relationship enhancement opportunities by working closely with the relationship management team.
wealth management, private bank, private banking
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in business or related field preferred. Advanced degree or certification a plus (JD; CPA, CFP, CPWA, CTFA).
- 4+ years’ experience in trust and investment sales to high net worth clients with an established network of referral sources including attorneys, accountants, community and business leaders.
- General understanding of wealth planning including business succession, executive compensation, individual and fiduciary taxation, legal, and retirement planning. Technical proficiency in these areas a plus.
- Use of Salesforce and various financial planning software such as MoneyGuide Pro.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of clients and Bank personnel.
- Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated team player with strong attention to detail, high level of accountability, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office suite of products, and the ability to learn and utilize custom banking systems and applications.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of ethical standards and complete confidentiality at all times.
About the Company
For more than 30 years, PlainsCapital Bank has served our fellow Texans, providing them with the momentum they need to reach their financial goals. Over the years, we’ve built a legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. As a part of the Hilltop Holdings (NYSE: HTH) family of companies—which also includes PrimeLending, HilltopSecurities, and National Lloyds—we’re backed by the strength and stability of $13.7 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2018.
From our humble beginnings with a single branch in West Texas, we’ve grown to become to the fifth-largest Texas-based bank by deposits. Headquartered in Dallas, we employ more than 1,200 people in over 60 locations spanning major markets throughout the state.
As a midsize Texas-based bank, we’re big enough to offer a full-suite of commercial and consumer products and services, but small enough to maintain an intimate knowledge of our customers’ financial needs. Our size also keeps us agile, enabling us to make timely, considered decisions when needed.
Our bankers are experienced in all types of banking and lending—from commercial and industrial to real estate and small business. We pride ourselves on being a dedicated partner and a single point of contact for our customers, helping them navigate all of their financial needs.
The Private Bank is the apex of our lines of service. As a fiduciary leader, our experienced and trusted wealth professionals deliver tailored solutions in portfolio construction and investment management, wealth transfer and financial planning, and trust and estate administration services based on the specific goals and objectives of the client. By leveraging the financial acumen of a network of professionals, we deliver prudent and customized family office solutions to Texas’ most sophisticated clients, including foundations, endowments, and high-net-worth individuals and families.
When you join PlainsCapital, you’re part of a family that spans across Texas. And we do everything we can to make you feel at home.