Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Web Application Developer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Web Application Developer
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract
- Pay rate: 55-62/hr.
- Job Location: Tucson, AZ
- Job# bh11483
- Date Posted: 6/29/2020
Questions (Must answer YES to # 1 & 2)
Are you a US citizen?
Do you meet all the identified requirements listed for the position?
Web Application Developer
- The primary job responsibilities for this position will be support and maintenance of Web applications, SharePoint applications and COTS applications.
- Web application support includes designing, developing, testing, and deploying web applications using Java and SharePoint. The Java applications primarily use an Oracle relational database and the candidate should be proficient in SQL and NoSQL database platforms.
- Projects range in size and scope, typically taking four to twelve months to complete.
- All applications are developed by teams that generally consist of two to three developers, one usability designer, one test coordinator, and one project coordinator. These development teams follow the Scrum agile software development methodology and knowledge of Agile software development practices is desired. Strong communication and presentation skills are required to facilitate discussions between customers and team members.
- The candidate will be expected to develop an understanding of customer processes, contribute to functional requirements documentation, work with solution architects and peers to design a solution and develop the application.
- Additionally, developers are expected to draw parallels between the requirements of the current project and other projects or tools that have been developed or are in work, facilitating code reuse across the department. This position requires complete understanding and wide application of technical theories and concepts in web development. The candidate will provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult business problems. These solutions must be innovative, thorough, practical, technically sound, and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Minimum of four years' experience writing SQL statements against relational databases.
- Minimum of four years' experience developing Java and JEE Applications.
- Minimum of four years' experience designing relational databases.
- Experience working with the Oracle (11g) relational database.
- Skilled at developing applications using object-oriented design principles.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Able to work collaboratively in a dynamic teaming environment.
- Working knowledge of both the Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Strong understanding of RESTful web services.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience developing secure web services and remediating security vulnerabilities.
- Experience developing web applications with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience developing applications using Maven, Spring, jQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap.
- Experience implementing JEE design patterns.
- Experience with messaging systems (such as JMS)
- Experience with JPA, specifically the EclipseLink implementation.
- Experience with Ant, JUnit, and Selenium and continuous integration tools (such as Jenkins).
- Experience with ColdFusion development, SharePoint design & support
- An understanding of Raytheon's Integrated Product Development System (IPDS).
- Agile software development experience, particularly related to the SCRUM methodology.
- Working knowledge of XML and JSON.
- Experience using Eclipse, JDeveloper, and Toad.
- Experience and familiarity with Netegrity SiteMinder, LDAP, Tomcat, Apache, Active Directory, HP Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, WebInspect, and Fortify.
- Experience with SQLServer.
Experience developing web-based and native mobile applications.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!