Work Location: LARGO, FL
12+ Months Contract with possible extension
Top 3 must haves:
- Must be able to program G & M codes, even better if they can edit. (experience must be listed in summary and resume)
- Team Player with a positive attitude and experience on CNC Vertical/Horizontal Millings Machines and Lathes
- Willingness to work in a Facilities Function performing maintenance activities
Hours: 7:00AM to 3:30PM
This position is a dual role performing CNC machining duties in our machine shop and maintenance duties across the facility. Partnering with our skilled Machinist & Facility Lead, the incumbent will work in a unique machining environment with a high mix of varied fabrication. They will also assist with facility related projects and maintenance programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Fabricates new and existing parts using CNC milling and turning equipment.
- Skillfully fits parts and components to close tolerances requiring precise alignment and adjustment.
- Inspects parts using measuring instruments.
- Performs programming/editing on CNC equipment.
- Establishes fabrication procedures for new and difficult parts.
- Decides layout, selection of material, procedures and machining methods. May design desktop drawings/models and programs (ex. ProE or CAD).
- May create special tools and fixtures for prototype and production work.
- Troubleshoots advanced production problems.
- Assists with daily activities of facility staff members and contractors.
- Assists with and executes preventive maintenance program on a scheduled basis to ensure reliability of equipment and systems.
- Provides diagnostic and repair of building, systems equipment and equipment components.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Two years of experience writing programs by hand at the CNC machine.
- At least five years of experience on CNC milling and turning machines.
- Ability to work from and review specifications and drawings to produce product and identify any issues.
- Manual machining experience is helpful, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of maintenance skills such as carpentry, plumbing, lighting, mechanical, and painting work.
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a routine basis.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Plus 2 year relevant CNC programming experience of writing programs by hand.
- A degree in machining technologies is preferred.