POSITION SUMMARY: Republic Services is developing, growing and expanding and is focused on building innovative technology platforms. The technology transformation at Republic Services is happening right now, and we are seeking the brightest and most talented Information Technology professionals to lead the way in this transformation. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about transforming the way we utilize technology in our industry. Technical expertise and creativity are the keys to ensuring that we build the best technology solutions resulting in a superior experience for our customers and employees. The ServiceNow Developer is responsible to configure and develop core and custom solutions in an expanding ServiceNow environment. The ServiceNow Developer works with the ServiceNow functional teams in the design, development and implementation of ServiceNow applications, provides architectural input and maintains stability of the overall platform by ensuring the appropriate design and development standards are used at all times.
- Designs and develops solutions within the ServiceNow environment to include new or modifications to applications, forms, workflow, policies, actions, access control, interfaces and any other customization required to support client processes.
- Creates and maintains API and data integration processes between ServiceNow and other services.
- Monitors health, usage and overall compliance of all ServiceNow applications
- Performs version upgrades and patching
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2 years of experience in software development, information systems or an equivalent technical environment.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operational support.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies, web development and object-oriented programming methodologies.
- Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience with Content Management System design, build and integration.
- Experience with Enterprise CMS tools such as SharePoint or Drupal.
- Experience with Responsive Web Design.
- Experience with digital asset design and development tools, such as Photoshop.
- Understanding of developing and consuming RESTful web services.
- Knowledge and proficiency in developing and integrating API’s.
- Understanding of Infrastructure and Database design for High Availability applications.
- Exceptional analytical skills.