The Laboratory of Neuro Imaging (www.loni.usc.edu), part of the USC Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, is seeking a qualified Web Developer I to join its team. The Web Developer I will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies. The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop new Web applications as identified by supervisor and management through packaged and customized applications.
• Maintain and enhance existing Web applications and all internal systems.
• Perform complete testing of Web applications.
• Conduct all user acceptances testing, and report results.
• Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
• Develop database-driven Web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
• Develop external Web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
• Candidate must be a team player and willing to teach and to learn.
Skills / Attributes Required
• Able to promptly answer support related email.
• Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
• Use of HTML5, media queries, mobile web and Wordpress experience is highly desired.
• Familiarity with open source web solutions is a plus.
Personal Qualities Required
• The ideal person will have an excellent grasp of spelling and be able to help avoid grammatical mistakes.
• Be able to deliver a succinct and effective design.
• Always be able to think and deliver what works best for the consumer.
• Be able to listen to what the brief is, comprehend it and question it if so required.
• Be able to ensure quality and error checking is a priority.
Git or similar versioning system
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Combined work experience and education as equivalent
0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise:
General knowledge of object oriented design; Web servers; Web applications and
programming languages; Web content management systems, search engine optimization,
and usability engineering. Must be able to develop simple Web sites.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$43855.htmld