Title: Web Developer
Location: Boston, MA
JOB DESCRIPTION - WEB DEVELOPER II, IS&T Applications
This is a full-time, permanent position in Boston, MA, and reports to the Associate Director of Applications in Information Services & Technology. The Web Team in IS&T at BU is looking for a Web Developer II to develop websites and WordPress plugins to support a multi-site, multi-network environment hosting over 1000 websites on bu.edu. We are seeking candidates with WordPress expertise (plugin development, theme work) who use Github for code management. The BU Web Team uses best practices for security, scalability, and maintainability in our work and builds unit testing into our software. We are working toward a goal of continuous integration (DevOps environment). We work with PHP/WordPress and Python/Django using Linux/Apache/MySQL stack. We are a collaborative team who genuinely enjoys working together and are passionate about our work. We work closely with the Marketing & Communications unit at BU on website design, and we are strongly focused on providing an exceptional user experience for visitors to the BU Web.
If you were to join the BU Web Team, here are a few examples of things you may do over the course of a typical work week:
- Develop a WordPress plugin (with unit tests) to add a new feature to our WordPress environment.
- Collaborate with peers on the Web Team to review and provide feedback on another developer's application and/or WordPress code.
- Contribute to internal tools to help us improve our development processes and procedures.
- Work with our systems administration and/or systems operations staffs in addressing a production issue.
- Help our skilled support team triage tickets and resolve bugs, incidents, or fulfill escalated service requests.
- Troubleshoot a complex service issue and work with peers to implement a fix or workaround.
Bachelor's degree preferred with three to five years of relevant experience. Prior WordPress Experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Team Lead Recruitment
Enterprise Solutions Inc.
Direct: 331-205-7449| Fax: 630 206 2379
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 500 E. Diehl Road, Suite 130 Naperville, IL 60563