As a Web Developer/ProgrammerIntern for Hasana, Inc. you will have a variety of responsibilities throughout the semester. Our Design Department is lookingfor web developers to work in conjunction with our graphic designers to design, develop, and test websites. As a Web Developer/ProgrammerIntern you willwork closely with our project managers, strategists and design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming, graphic design and database administration are all elements of this position.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Work with design team memebers and Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for Hasana, Inc.
- Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-development to Hasana, Inc.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the CMS of your choice.
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for the growth of Hasana, Inc.
- A passion for womens economic opportunities.
- Must be a full or part-time student and working toward a degree in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- Must be eligible to receive school credit and commit to 2-3 days a week for 3 months.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work autonomously.
- Experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS.
- Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP.
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL.
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools.
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Exceptionally well organized and efficient, with a good common sense and initiative.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Great work ethic.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the design and development process.
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines.
- Integrity, honesty, openness and a willingness to operate as a team player.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.