Job Title: Frontend/UI Developer
Duration: Permanent Hire
Location: US-VA-Herndon (Remote)
Benefits: Karsun Solutions pays 100% of employee only Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-term disability. We offer Vision coverage, 401(k) with immediate vesting and a competitive PTO policy.
Interview Mode: Online Test + Video Interview
Karsun offers a portfolio of Enterprise Modernization services to both civilian and defense Federal agencies. Karsun’s list of strong clientele includes U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. General Services Administration, and the Federal Aviation Administration. Karsun combines years of institutional knowledge with a deep commitment to customer relationships, on every project.
- Create single page applications using HTML5, Angular, node.js and java, based on user stories with documented acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for designing and developing user-friendly user interfaces that are responsive and Section 508 Compliant for enterprise-wide systems under the supervision of a Solution Architect.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to develop an application using open source technologies.
- Estimates and scopes development tasks and makes recommendations for innovations and improvements relating to software component designs, including reviewing the work of team members completing elements of designs.
- Troubleshoot issues and create code fixes for open source products.
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment consisting of a cross-functional team designing and implementing systems from the web-based user interface front-end through the back-end.
- Implement test-driven development methods, supporting end to end testing
- Implement security and data protection features
- Hands on experience with front end development, including understanding UI frameworks and backend architecture interactions.
- Experience with Angular 6+
- UI development with Unit testing and E2E implementation with Karma, Jasmine, Protractor
- E2E testing implementation with Selenium, Cucumber.
- Experience with troubleshooting and improving performance of single page applications using Node.js and Angular.
- Experience in usage of JWT, OAUTH2, SAML tokens for Security
- Experience in SONAR and Fortify as code quality tools and resolving issues identified
- Experience leveraging libraries and tools such as: AJAX, jQuery, AngularJS / NodeJS, Ember, Backbone.js, and Underscore.
- Good handle on GIT flow branching strategy and usage of those in CI process
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of automated Build, Deploy processes with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with Jenkins, Ansible
- Hands on experience in building backend service in Java/J2EE
- Hands on Experience in creating web services, REST services.
- Good Understanding of WSDL, WADL
- Working experience in Securing Webservice and REST service
- Troubleshooting performance issues and backed service is Java/J2EE
- Troubleshooting application issues in Apache, Tomcat, Jboss environments
- Experience working with data visualization libraries such as: d3JS, Chart.JS or similar APIs.
- Experience working with frameworks Bootstrap 3+, and Foundation 5+
- Experience with automation/build tools (Gulp, Grunt, Bower, Yeoman, npm, Phantom.js, etc.)
- Experience working with NoSQL database such as MongoDB
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Engineering, math, and/or science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees.
- Must be able to obtain Federal Government Public Trust
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
100% of employee only Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-term disability. We offer Vision coverage, 401(k) with immediate vesting and a competitive PTO policy