Russell Standard is hiring a full-time Web Writer/Level 1 Helpdesk! This position is responsible for responding to all trouble calls concerning on-line service, network or end-user related problems and providing an interface for end-users seeking assistance. Documents trouble-calls and either solves or ensures timely escalation to the IT Coordinator. Candidate will also pair as front-end web writer by creating and developing web interfaces via HTML/WordPress.
- Create and manage company website
- This position is associated with end-user IT Support and operational roles involved with the provision and supporting local users and office IT infrastructure- workstations, servers, printers, networking, and voice systems.
- The Help Desk/Web writer responds to and diagnoses problems through discussions with users or via response to electronic requests.
- Executes basic procedural tasks (i.e. account creation) and solves routine problems
- Under general supervision will follow routine operational procedures on a scheduled basis related to operation and support of computing and network infrastructure
- Monitor components of the IT infrastructure to ensure functionality and performance; actively looks for opportunities to optimize performance; troubleshoots resolves, and documents infrastructure issues
- Perform hardware and software upgrades; coordinate and schedule regular system maintenance while minimizing downtime; clearly communicates maintenance schedules and consequences
- Systems administration: User Mgmt, on/off-site backup, security, AD, DNS and DHCP
- Provide remote and onsite support for IT infrastructure including, email, desktops, servers, and networks
- Support end users on a day to day basis; train end users on applications and basic PC usage as necessary
- Perform virus removal, server and workstation maintenance, and repair
- Workstations: Windows 10, Windows 7, Vista, XP
- Servers: Good Working knowledge: 2008 R2, 2012 & 2016
- Platforms: Some knowledge: Exchange 2016
- Applications: Working knowledge of MS Office suite (2013 and later)
- Network troubleshooting skills (TCP/IP, DNS etc) Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Basic skills with SQL 2008 & above a plus
- Associate s or Bachelor s degree in information technology, business, mathematics, finance or related field, preferred.
- A & Net certifications strongly preferred
- 2 years of relevant experience with and proficient knowledge of computers, different software packages, and database integration.
- Competitive wages and salaries
- Company partially paid employee coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance, disability, and AD&D
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation (full-time, non-seasonal employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching grant program
- Training and development opportunity
Travel: Up to 25% Regionally
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to: perform sedentary work, which includes sitting a majority of the time, yet occasionally exerting up to ten pounds of force. Work setting is primarily office based, but conditions may involve limited exposure to chemicals, fumes, dust, odors, gases and other substances used in a construction environment. Must have the ability to see, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity. Operate standard office equipment including a computer, copier, fax, phone and other similar office equipment.
The duties listed above are not all-inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar to, related or logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Russell Standard Corporation and employee and is subject to change by the Company management as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position change.