Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Cook position is responsible for the preparation, production, and presentation of a variety of foods, completion of production sheets and with other associated food service activities.
- Performs all main line food production duties with specific items determined by assigned shift.
- Reviews the needs of the day with assigned supervisor(s), completes production sheets, reviews maintenance reports, and verifies supply needs and availability.
- Prepare foods from scratch for up to 90 people including baked goods.
- Follows standardized recipes accurately and consistently.
- Assist with serving patient dining meals as required.
- Assists assigned supervisors with menu and recipe development as needed.
- Is responsible for quantity and quality control in food production as well as overall sanitation of assigned areas.
- Assists in the supervision and training of food service personnel.
- May instruct and train others as well as handle multiple tasks occurring at the same time.
- Verifies and oversees hot food service lines making sure they are properly stocked.
- Using a working knowledge of all general food service area positions, this position “fills in” for any one of these positions at a moment’s notice.
- Maintains food production equipment and storage areas following proper sanitation, FIFO, safety, and operational procedures.
- Must be able to abide by NMS and HACCP standards.
- Adheres to all sanitation regulations set by Federal, State, and local municipalities.
- May assist other food service personnel at any given time.
- This position is not responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Municipality of Anchorage Food Handlers’ Card or ServSafe contingent upon 30 days.
- Must have one (1) year minimum of scratch cooking experience.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- At least three (3) years of directly related food preparation experience.
- Certain position(s) require a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy.
Weather: Indoors, environmentally controlled.
Noise level: The noise level in the work environment is usually mild
Description of environment: This is an industrial kitchen located in a health care setting.
Physical requirements: Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift. Infrequently required to sit, crouch or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000To request an accommodation by email, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org