PSC Metals, Inc. (www.pscmetals.com) is one of the most experienced and largest srap metal processors in North America, providing services for more than a century to both generators and consumers of scrap. PSC Metals has locations across North America including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
PSC Metals offers a medical benefit package, dental, vision, 401(k), holidays, personal days, vacation and competitive wages.
All candidates must successfully complete pre-employment testing requirements.
This position is responsible for a variety of duties related to authorizing and monitoring scrap metal recyclables brought into the facility. Communicates daily with internal customers and suppliers. As well as, grades inbound material within the policy established by policies/procedures.
Major Duties adn Responsibilities:
* Ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation of all inbound and outbound scale transactions.
* Inbound Material: Record supplier, truck identification, contract number (if appropraite) description and grade of material, blend ID (if appropriate), gross, tare, and net weights. Assures CFC status of materaisl, coordinates with inspectors on CFC containing materaisla dn checks supplier contract status, peddler status and informs all parties of need for proper documentation, notifies applicable parties such as Yard Manager, Buyers, Inspectors adn HSET Managers of CFC non-compliance situations. Complies with all company CFC requirements for the position.
* Outbound Material: Record truck identification, description and grade of material, gross, tare and net weights. Ensure that outbound truckloads are only to authorized purchasers.
* Manage the flow of trucks. Perform duties in a timely fashion and keep trucks moving across the scale at a reasonable rate. Explain scale and yard procedures to new suppliers.
* Direct vehicles to proper location for inspection.
* Maintain a cordial relationship with the suppliers and customers.
* Maintain accurate daily records of scale operations.
Day-end computer reports
Account for all scale/CFC tickets
Cash report adn daily balancing of register
Distribute as required
* Ansswer phones and direct calls as required.
* Maintain order and housekeepijng of scales and scale house.
* Ensure the scales, radiation detector, computer system, phones and other necessary devices are in proper working condition. Contact a member of management team if there is a problem.
* Restrict scale house access to authorized personnel only.
* Perform general housekeeping when needed to ensure the cleaning of the scale house is being performed properly.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of high school diploma/GED required.
* 1-3 years office experience is required.
* Microsoft Office (Word/Outlook) - must be able to use as required by the job.
* Must be available to work day shift, overtime when required.
GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occassionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
* Worker is required ot have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer monitor; preparing/analyzing data/figures adn have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned.
COMMUNICATION/KNOWLEDGE/CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
* Ongoing use of oral adn written skills. Responsible to explain and offer guidance on routine procedures.
* Basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices andd procedures with ability to apply in routine situations.
* Frequent contact with other employees, professionaly staff and/or external contacts to give or obtain information or deliver excellent customer service.
* Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at waise. Ability to reach by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. May stand for sustained periods. Fingering, picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm as in handling. Aplies pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accuractly, loudly or quickly. Able to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discrimination in sound.
PSC Metals, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.0