Weight Loss Counselor
Nutrisystem, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTRI), based outside Philadelphia, is a leader in the weight loss industry, having helped millions of people lose weight over the course of 45 years. The Company’s multi-brand approach includes two distinct brands – Nutrisystem and the South Beach Diet.
The flagship Nutrisystem® brand is home to the clinically-tested Nutrisystem® Lean13 program, designed to deliver weight loss of up to 13 pounds and seven inches in the first month. Nutrisystem branded weight-loss products also include Fast 5 and
Turbo 10, as well as multi-day kits and individual products at select retail outlets. In 2017, the South Beach Diet® became an all-new structured meal delivery weight-loss program following the acquisition of the brand in December 2015.
Nutrisystem, Inc. is well known for its direct marketing prowess and strategic use of customer and celebrity success stories in advertising and operates in a large and growing market. The Company’s robust eCommerce platforms, nutrisystem.com and soutbeachdiet.com, account for more than 70% of transactions. Current offerings are also sold by phone, via QVC and at select retailers, with convenient home delivery throughout the U.S. and a money back satisfaction guarantee.
Weight Loss Counselors provide guidance and motivation to Nutrisystem members throughout their journey to reach and maintain their weight loss goals in a call center environment. Counselors strive to provide a superior customer experience upon each interaction with the customer and uses team work to achieve one call resolution. Actively listens to and engages with the customer to identify personal needs, set individualized goals and educate and motivate customer towards a healthier lifestyle. Average number of inbound calls could be 50 -80 / daily, based on time of year.
Department Mission Statement:
Weight Loss Counselors guide our customers through their weight loss journey with Nutrisystem and South Beach Diet. We motivate, educate, problem-solve – all with the goal of providing the right support and assistance when needed. We communicate with customers that have a range of emotions with patience and understanding. Beyond weight loss counseling, we assist customers with new program sales, cross-sales of our products, customer services issues and retaining customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or management. In the event of absence, duties for this position will be overseen by the position to which it reports.
- Provides a positive customer experience via phone, chat or email. Average calls can vary between 50-80 per day, based on time of year.
- Builds a valuable relationship with Nutrisystem members by providing support and encouragement to ensure they are able to utilize the Nutrisystem program and resources to reach and maintain their weight loss goals.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Nutrisystem program, products, and services by maintaining knowledge of and sharing the value of Nutrisystem with potential and existing customers.
- Willing to assist customers with customer service needs, such as website navigation, changes to a customer’s account information, editing of food orders, missing item resolution, exchanges, etc. in order to provide first call resolution.
- Acts as the voice of the customer and shares customer feedback on the Nutrisystem program and resources with members of the leadership team.
- Works with department leadership team to address customer concerns as they arise in order to provide the best possible customer experience.
Qualifications (include Education and specific Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associates Degree minimum.
- Knowledge of nutrition, fitness, health, and weight loss maintenance preferred.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of MS Office and use of internet.
- Capable of navigating multiple resources at one time to assist with customer concerns.
- Able to professionally correspond with customers via verbal and written communication.
Description of Competency
Adapting to Others
Changes his/her interpersonal style and approach based on the circumstance; modifies his/her approach based on cues from others; makes an effort to treat people in a way that makes them feel comfortable and respected
Gives people his/her full attention; uses paraphrasing and repeats things back to ensure understanding; allows people to finish their statements before responding or asking questions
Making Accurate Judgements and Decisions
Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
Builds strong relationships with customers; stays aware of customer needs, concerns and satisfaction; responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages customer expectations
Showing Caring and Understanding
Shows empathy toward challenges, concerns and problems faced by others; takes a tolerant and patient approach with people who are struggling with difficult challenges; helps to put people at ease and make them feel more comfortable
- Focused – We prioritize our activities and act with a sense of urgency on those initiatives which will meaningfully move our business forward.
- Accountable – We take responsibility for our commitments, decisions and actions and own the results regardless of the outcome.
- Customer-Centric – We honor our customers with a commitment to genuine service.
- Team-Oriented – We are “all hands in” – we work, win, and overcome trials as one company.
- Solution-Driven – When faced with problems, we come equipped with solutions.
Leadership Success Profile
- Earning Trust & Confidence - Demonstrating valuesand personal competence
- Shaping the Future - Developing a strategyfor long-term growth
- Developing Self & Others - Building and leveragingindividuals’ capabilities
- Leading TransformationChange - Inspiring commitmentand momentum
- Delivering Long-Term Value - Achieving superior performance throughoperating excellence
Ability to work full time shift +1 weekend shift every week; Flexibility to work additional hours during peak season particularly during high profile advertising campaigns
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is typical of an office environment.
All staff shall be informed of their responsibility to report food safety and quality issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.