Epsilon Systems Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Weld and Structural Foreman in National City, CA.
Summary: Use hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products. Supervisory responsibilites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, carbon arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, submerged arc welding and pipe welding.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Perform all welding methods using a mirror.
- Safely and effectively lead a crew.
- Review plans, drawings, blueprints, ect. to assist with bid development, defining work scope, and assigned welders to various crew.
- Provide oversight and training to personnel assigned to tasks.
- Determine materials required for tasks and provide to foreman, production manager.
- Ensure personnel are working in a sage manner and safety equipment (PPE) is utilized at all times.
- Assist in supervising personnel outside of trade as required.
- Communicate daily with supervisor and/or production manager.
- Provide reports as required for scheduling, identification of problems and resolution recommendation
- Education: High school diploma/equivalent
- 5-7 years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers.
- Frequent standing, sitting, walking, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Noise conditions range from very quiet to some noise.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.