Northrop Grumman is a major player in Pressure Systems for the Satellites industry located in Commerce, CA is searching for an experienced and skilled TIG WELDER 3 to join the Weld Lab Team. This welder will be assembling and welding complex titanium components.
JOB DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position will be responsible for the fabrication, assembly, and welding of various precision titanium subcomponents and Pressure vessels.
- Follow established procedures to setup and operate the welding system manual, semi-automatic and automatic.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Use of precision measuring instruments to determine part quality
- Clean and assemble components for welding need to add somewhere the use of the cleaning procedure/acid cleaning.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
High School diploma or GED or equivalent
- 5 years minimum of experience as TIG welder or similar role
- 5+ years of experience using a variety of welding equipment, machinery and procedures (TIG, RSW, Seam Welding, orbital tube welding, etc.)
- Certification from a formal weld training program
- Proficient in reading & interpreting drawing specifications.
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual inspection, radiographic inspection, and dye penetrant inspection
- Clean room and chambering welding experience preferred.
- Certification with AWS D17.1 and D1.2 preferred
- Experience in overhead cranes and forklifts preferred
- Good knowledge of and adherence with safety standards
- Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods 8 hours min
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Faster learner, critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Team player, great interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.