Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a welder to support CMC Recycling Liberty in Dallas, Texas. As part of the CMC team, welders support plant operations by installing, moving, fabricating and dismantling equipment/structures, analyzing requirements for welding and torching parts.This is an hourly position. Business hours are Monday-Friday 6:00AM – 4:00PM, with some Saturdays, overtime can be expected to accommodate business needs.
CMC offers training and development opportunities for employees to acquire and enhance new skills and knowledge. Advancement opportunities are also available for those who have the desire for professional growth. CMC’s competitive compensation package includes: medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability, company matching 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develops welding projects by analyzing work orders, prints, and completed assembly; calculating requirements; determining appropriate welding techniques.
- Organizes work by studying work orders, drawings, diagrams, manuals, and specifications; gathering supplies and equipment.
- Fabricates by using equipment to clean, prepare, cut, burn, and weld pieces; setting-up and measuring assemblies; selecting appropriate method.
- Documents actions by completing records.
- Keeps welding and torching equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; by requesting supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Dismantles and moves equipment by dissembling components and parts; disconnecting power; securing equipment for moving; crafting components and parts for shipping.
- Maintains safe work environment by being aware of foot traffic when moving equipment; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; Lock out Tag out.
- Maintains equipment records by completing logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Welding experience; stick, MIG, wire feed and cutting tools: plasma, acetylene and propane torching and air gauging
- Fabrication experience
- Documentation Skills
- Safety Oriented
- Power Tools, Lifting
- Analyzing Information
- Dependability and Teamwork
- Customer Service
- Manufacturing Quality
- Equipment Maintenance
- Inspection Tools and Tooling Job Knowledge
- Willing to work weekends of shift work if needed
- HS Diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.