With 19 service centers nationwide, McNICHOLS CO. is North America’s leading supplier and fabricator of “Hole Products,” including Perforated and Expanded Metals, Wire Mesh and Designer Metals, as well as a complete line of Metal Grating and Flooring Products. Founded in 1952 by the late Robert L. McNichols, the Company was established on Christian values, high ethical standards, and a strong commitment to employees and customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a 1st Shift WELDER/FABRICATOR to join our HOLE team. This position will weld, cut, and operate shop equipment to fabricate customer orders to McNichols quality and safety standards.
All uniforms, steel toed boots, welding gear, and safety equipment is provided in a clean, safe work environment. We also offer an excellent training program, skill based pay, and great opportunities for career growth.
Shift Hours: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday with overtime as needed.
- Weld orders with a high attention to safety, quality, organization and productivity
- Ensure weld quality; perform visual inspections of work to meet quality standards.
- Fit up, MIG welding, sawing, cutting, and grinding on McNichols products such as stair treads and bar grating walk ways
- Safely operate shop equipment such as band saws, iron workers, and drill presses
- Process material by following instructions on work orders, drawings and prints and verify material and work for accuracy
- Safely operate forklifts, other lift equipment, and cranes to move material as required.
- Prepare and process all paperwork necessary to complete orders
- Pull, verify, and stage inventory for customer orders.
- Maintain schedule and assure on time shipment of orders based on customer expectations
- Assist in preparing orders of shipment as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications/ Ideal candidate profile:
- HS Diploma or equivalent along with technical training in welding/fabrication.
- Experience using MIG welding process. TIG and/or spot welding experience a plus.
- Must be able to weld and certify on plain steel, stainless steel and aluminum (2F and 3F ¼” test)
- Must be capable of machine setup including proper wire speed, voltage, and gas flow
- Knowledge of short circuit/spray transfer, pulse settings, arc length, sharp arc, inductance settings, etc. a plus
- Ability to safely use and operate shop tools and equipment such as torches, band saws, iron workers and drill presses
- Ability to read blueprints, weld symbols and interpret shop drawings
- Strong math skills and ability to accurately layout, cut and fit up orders requiring radius, angles and/or notched pieces
- Intermediate computer skills, experience using inventory systems a plus.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, lifting material weighing up to 50 pounds and maneuver materials to accomplish tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently in a production oriented environment and perform against established performance standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn
McNichols is proud to reward our team with quarterly recognition incentives and a generous benefits package including 1st day eligibility for health insurance, 3 weeks of PTO, 9+ paid holidays, 401k with partial employer match and company provided disability/life insurance.
McNichols is a Drug Free Workplace and strong advocate of workforce diversity.
Visit our website at www.mcnichols.com to hear “The HOLE Story”.
See Job Description