Join First Vehicle Services as a Class 8 Trailer Technician!
This position will be responsible for welding and fabrication, and other repairs on trailers. Plus you will be trained to work on suspension, brakes & running gears.
Up to $3,000 BONUS/RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE NOW!
First Vehicle Services is Proud to Offer You:
- Top dollar pay up to $35.00/hr based on experience
- Up to $3,000 Sign-on or Relocation Bonus! (Conditions apply. Expires 1/31/2020)
- Great Work Environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days,
- Company-provided ASE training and testing materials
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
Trailer Technician responsibilities:
- Perform all types of semi-trailer maintenance and repair, including suspension, brakes. running gears, welding and fabrication.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Use hand and power tools such as routers, drill motors, die grinders and other like tools to complete the required operations
- Test and inspect equipment after repairs are completed
- Properly document all equipment maintenance, repairs and installations into electronic maintenance program.
- Maintain a clean and safe work-space at all times.
Trailer Technician requirements:
- Technical School Training is a Plus!
- Welding and fabrication experience is required; truck/trailer welding experience preferred
- Must be willing to learn and perform trailer repairs on suspension, brakes, and running gears.
- Valid driver's license
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
- Willing to obtain ASE Certifications (Strongly Preferred). Must be able to obtain while employed.
So, Who Are We?
We are First Vehicle Services (A Division of FirstGroup America) – a leader in diverse fleet management and maintenance throughout North America. Since 1981, we’ve provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the United States.
Don’t Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status