Established company with a fast paced environment has immediate opening for a custom welder/fabricator/pipe fitter with sanitary process piping experience. Candidate must have 3-5 years experience in TIG (stainless & carbon) and Heliarc welding; purge welding a plus. The candidate must be proficient in math, blue print reading and interpreting schematics. Must be very detail oriented and a self starter. The employer offers competitive wages, health insurance and other benefits. Weekend and after hours availability required. Position involves but is not limited to the following:
- Fabricates components by using equipment to clean, prepare, cut, burn, and weld materials; set-up and measuring assemblies; selecting appropriate method of fabrication.
- Plans work by studying blueprints, diagrams, specifications and construction; calculates, itemizes, orders and gathers requirements.
- Install piping by measuring, cutting, bending, shaping, fabricating, threading, soldering and gluing pipe using hand tools and equipment; insulates piping.
- Verifies welding results by inspecting and testing welds.
- Documents actions by completing records.
- Maintains safe work environment by following procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Develops welding project by analyzing work orders, prints and completed assembly; calculating requirements, studying materials, determining appropriate welding technqiues.
$18.00 - $25.00 /hour