Performs a combination of gas or arc welding processes to fabricate or repair parts and assemblies to required tolerances using welding metals and metal alloys. Determines layouts and welds parts and assemblies according to engineering drawings and specifications. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Develops work instructions, documentation and test requirements as required including procedures to interface test equipment with OEM manual requirements and customer profiles
- Plans and prepares quotations, and individual customer data requirements for new products capabilities
- Travels to customer locations and provides trouble shooting assistance as required
- Provides training and assistance to lower grade workers
- Performs all aspects of accessory repair and overhaul
- Reads, interprets, and prepares work instructions
- Provides consistent contributions to problem solving/trouble shooting situations
- Prepares and reviews documentation including service reports and test data
- Operates test equipment as required by the OEM maintenance manuals and other work instructions
- Participates in the evaluation, implementation and integration of new accessory capability introductions
- Performs balance operations and minor repairs operations to piece parts as required
- Assists shop floor supervisor in shipping all parts on required due dates, managing and training the work force
- Reads and interprets mechanical drawings and execute OEM manual, service bulletins and work instructions
- Assists workers with correct procedures and documentation
- Comply with company policies, including attendance
Other duties may be assigned
- Will be required to pass a visual examination by reading J1 letters on the standard Jaeger type chart for near vision (or equivalent). If glasses or other corrective aids are required to pass the vision test, you will be required to weld wearing corrective devices.
- Will have to pass a series of weld tests per AWS-017. 1 : 2001. Metals to be certified in are Aluminum, Magnesium, Nickel, Titanium, Stainless Steel, Stellite 6 and Carbon Steel.
- 1– 3 years of experience and/or Technical School Certification in welding preferred
- Ability to learn and understand and communicate effectively in writing and verbally
Must have an understanding of MS software and have good computer skills. Within the first 90 days, must be able to gain an operational understanding of Triumph operating systems