Apply appropriate welding process to meet specifications, inspect and repair welds as needed to support the production and assembly of exhaust pipe components. Perform as an active team member in performing other tasks within the cell. Participate in cell level BOS meetings.
- Obtain supplies and parts required doing the job and performing proper setup of welding power supplies and controls.
- Inspect all welds to assure each meets quality standards, troubleshoot problems and make adjustments as required.
- Assist other employees in cell group when welding is not required
- Clean welding station and maintain neatness in the surrounding work areas.
- Assist the team in 5S advancements
- Assist in the implementation of Lean Principles.
Handle materials and tools, set-up complete appropriate weld processes and inspect all welds and products to assure weld specifications are met.
- Perform as a team member of a cellular operating group, which requires the ability to learn, perform and rotate to other workstations within the cell.
- Perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance and safety standards.
- Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance on welding equipment to assure good, safe working conditions and complete daily forms.
- Apply appropriate welding process to weld and repair welds on parts per specifications.
- Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
- Overtime as required/requested.
- Knowledge and skills of welding processes such as Mig and Tig.
- Ability to set up welder, apply appropriate weld process, inspect weld and make necessary adjustments
- Ability to read and understand work orders, directions, charts, forms and safety regulations
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to correctly use and read various gauges
- Ability to work well with other employees in a team concept