START MONDAY! 10/29/18!
Hotel and $50 Per Diem
60 Hour weeks! Weekly Pay!
GEAR LLC, is looking for entry level to experienced MIG/TIG/Stick welders in the Norfolk VA area. Competitive pay and medical benefits offered. Must have personal protective equipment.
You may also call our office at (865) 724-2184 to speak with our personnel recruiter
Job Summary:Entry level of production welding requiring 1-2 years of experience or equivalent in a fabrication shop/construction site setting. With readily available supervision and technical guidance, positions material to be welded, using jigging fixtures in most cases, and applies hand-eye coordination to achieve the desired weld. Materials welded will be steel using methods of gas shielded welding. Welding positions are routine and work may be characterized as longer production runs. Works from specifications, drawings, prints, and welding symbols
- Maintain production through put of assigned parts
- Use blueprints to produce and meet all specifications
- Use material handling equipment safely to move parts
- Follow all safety standards and procedures
- Good attendance record
- Ability to take direction from Immediate Supervisor
- Work independently and be a self-motivator
- Able to work within timelines
- Maintain a clean workplace
- Communicate with various departments for direction of project
- Contribute to the quality control of the project
- All other duties as assigned on a daily basis
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Familiarity with standard structural steel fabrication practices for welding, cutting, drilling and punching steel.
- Familiar with forklift operation
- Ability to pass weld test prior to hiring
Education:High School Diploma or equivalent. Preferred Certification or Vocational school graduate.
Shift: Must be able to work Monday - Friday. Overtime will be required as needed.
Benefits:GEAR LLC, offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- Safety Training
Qualifications/Training:Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in math and reading; good written and verbal communication skills; and strong problem solving skills. Candidates shall successfully complete training program and applicable qualification requirements. New hires shall demonstrate satisfactory performance during new hire probationary period.
. Interview and Hire can be done in same day for the right candidate. Candidates MUST be experienced and must be able to pass a drug screen. These are full time positions with benefits!
Interested candidates should forward their resumes and professional references for consideration. If you do not have a resume, please forward your contact information and how much experience you do have as well as your salary requirements.