Welds items onto ductile iron and steel pipe, including wall collars, thrust collars, threaded outlets, restrained joint rings, and all other welding needs. Works on small projects around the shop fabricating shop needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements
- Select correct welding wire based on the application
- Prepare surface for welding, including grinding pipe surface and removing oil, grease, and other contaminants
- Position item on pipe to proper location and orientaion to tack weld in place
- Fully weld the item onto the pipe
- Miscellaneous other duties as needed
- Performance all necessary maintenance and repair on all equipment used in welding
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and use of welding equiptment including TIG or MIG welding, stick welding
- Ability to follow diagrams, orders for specific needs
- Ability to follow measurements, use tape measure and apply measurements exactly
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow product order needs
- Previous welding experience required, including MIG welding
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Employee will be required to wear appropriate eye and face protection to shield from any hazard. Employee must be fit tested and pass a physical to perform the required work.
Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Since this is a heavy industrial environment there will be exposure to Fabriaction Shop operations. The employee will be exposed from time to time to the following working conditions: extreme heat and cold, noise, vibration, oils, and atmospheric conditions such as dust and fumes
The employee will be required to perform the following actions from time to time: standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing, driving and sitting
When inthe Shop Production area the employee will be required to wear PPE including steel toed shoes if conducting any work related activity, safety glasses and hearing protection where required.