- Provides engineering and technical support for welding operations in fabrication/manufacture of products.
- Researches and develops concepts, designs, materials, functions, and performance, fabrication test, and modification of products.
- Researches and recommends weld equipment, identifying limitations and capabilities.
- Prepares, conducts, and evaluates weld engineering analysis/documentation, test/examination, performance and procedure qualification in compliance with customer requirements and applicable welding standards and specifications
- Practical experience in Gas-Metal-Arc-Welding (GMAW), GMAW-Pulse, and Gas-Tungsten-Arc-Welding (GTAW) applications.
- Experience working with American Welding (AWS) D1.1 and D1.2 Standards.
- Experience supporting development of Procedure Qualification Records (PQRs) and Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package.
- Experience working with DoD standards a plus
- Experience interfacing with customer/customer representatives
- Experience with CREO and Autodesk software
- Peer or Subordinate training experience
- AWS CWI or similar is beneficial