Presbyterian Villages of Michigan, a premier senior living services non-profit organization, has a great opportunity to join our team at The Village of Westland as a Wellness/Activity Assistant. We invite you to help us create new possibilities in quality living for the seniors we serve. Presbyterian Villages of Michigan was recognized as Crain's Best-managed Non-Profit Winner for 2016. Why work for us? Our staff tell us they often leave work feeling good about the work they did and that they feel they personally make a difference here.
Assists the operation and delivery of a holistic wellness program for PVM residents, employees, and members of the surrounding community by assisting with program development, implementation, and/or delivery; data collection, entry, and/or evaluation; marketing and other administrative/clerical duties. Responsible for both group and 1 on 1 activities.
Great benefits available after 90 days including medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off, 403b retirement savings plan, and tuition assistance.
1. Monitoring, assists with records, reports and maintains appropriate documentation regarding residents’ ability, participation, interest, attendance, etc. in activities and wellness programs.
2. Motivates residents to attend and participate in wellness activities. Ability to devise resident projects, instruct residents, and stimulate their interest.
3. Assists residents with wellness activities and events including but not limited to:• Transporting, within Village, and outside of the Village (Commercial Drivers License with a passenger endorsement required)• Executing skills (motor, sensory, etc)
4. Monitors and maintains inventory of wellness supplies.
5. Maintains and assists with the resident gift shop, crafts, or wellness projects.
6. Assists in the development and publication of wellness announcements, newsletter, and advertising. Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
7. Assists in the development and planning of the events calendar. Assists with resident programs in the Wellness Department.
8. Assist in creating, developing and facilitating a comprehensive wellness program that is preventative, holistic in nature and addresses mind, body and spirit dimensions.
9. Embraces, upholds, and promotes Presbyterian Villages of Michigan’s mission, vision, beliefs, values, strategic goals, objectives and Servant Leadership.
10. Attends, leads, and/or participates in all appropriate departmental/Village meetings, training and development opportunities. Maintains a supportive working relationship between all departments.
11. Follows established policies and procedures including but not limited to:• Presbyterian Village employment policies and procedures• Departmental policies and procedures• Safety policies and procedures• Federal, state and local regulations
12. All other duties as and/or tasks as assigned or requested.
Education : High School Diploma or G.E.D Equivalency required.
Experience : Previous experience working in geriatric environment in a health and fitness capacity is preferred. Previous leadership experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Computer knowledge and ability related to use of Microsoft Office Suite, other database related systems pertinent to the role.