The Wellness Coach specializes in Exercise Groups and Wellness Programming and is the liaison between Wellness, Rehabilitation Services, and Nursing.
Manages and maintains residents’ wellness/restorative nursing programs and reports any changes to the treatment plan. Conducts exercise groups that meet the MDS criteria for restorative nursing and documents the care provided. Maintains specialized equipment, such as alarms, cushions, and wheelchairs. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team by planning and anticipating long term and/or short term needs regarding residents’ admission and discharge.
- Successful completion of a Wellness Training and Restorative Nursing Class.
- Ability to lead small groups.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- In good standing on the State Nursing Assistant Registry.
- Experience in a hospital or nursing home setting.
- CPR certified.