Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides residents with nursing services as outlined in the personal service plans; promotes wellness, and administers medications and treatments in accordance with physicians' orders and within state licensure regulations.
- Implements and coordinates the delivery of care in collaboration with physician and resource health care personnel.
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation) in applying nursing knowledge.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding nursing care, care plans, observation of the residents’ overall condition and behavior, Medicare charting, admission, discharge, and patient teaching.
- Maintains a working knowledge of community infection control procedures.
- Provides functional direction and assistance to LPNs and CNAs. Completes new staff orientation as assigned.
- Directs resident care to include making rounds on a timely basis to ensure continuity of care. Ensures proper utilization of community supplies and equipment. Answers call lights as needed. Sets up and administers prescribed medications and treatments including IV therapy; operates a variety of medical equipment as necessary.
- Completes monthly/quarterly assessments and documentation as assigned. Attends care plan meetings as assigned. Acts as resident advocate.
- Communicates effectively with the residents, families, visitors, members of the health care team, and other disciplines.
- Participates in screening potential admission and placement of prospective residents in the facility in order to assure competent nursing services.
- Actively participates in community’s Quality Assurance Program. Monitors and assesses clinical systems for concerns and trends; reports findings to Nursing Administration.
- Must have working knowledge of community’s emergency procedures, including fire and disaster drills.
- Attends training to stay abreast of current and emerging nursing/healthcare trends.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate from Accredited Nursing School and minimum of one to two years related experience required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current State RN License. Current CPR Card.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytical skills where limited precedents/ guidelines exist.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Schedule: Regular Full-Time