The Visiting Nurse Assisted & Senior Living Communities is currently seeking a full-time and part-time Wellness Nurse/LPN to assist the Resident Care Manager with providing excellent care to the community.Our Wellness Nurses are responsible for the overall well being of our residents and includes direct supervision of resident care associates as well as monitoring emerging health needs of residents
- Assist in supervising the medication program and assisting the residents with self-administration of their medication.
- Provides support to resident care associates regarding assignment questions or concerns as well as emergency situations
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Assists with all documentation required by Visiting Nurse Assisted Living or the MA State requirements.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a current state license as a professional Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience required. Experience in home care, assisted living or long-term care environment preferred.
- Graduate of approved college or school of nursing
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing practices, techniques and methods applied to health and wellness resident care; federal and state and local regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of good assessment skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to teach and guide team members to provide quality clinical care
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must have 2 professional references