HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for a part-time (24 hrs/week) Wellness Program Coordinator at our client site located next to LAX airport in Los Angeles, CA. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the Program Manager upon request and assuming Program Manager duties in his/her absence. You will perform site-specific payroll responsibilities, as deemed appropriate by Program Manager and assist Program Manager with Monthly and Quarterly reports as assigned. You will also deliver New Hire Presentations and health awareness presentations upon request and participate as needed on short-term projects and/or teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to managing/leading others by assisting with development of a highly engaged staff including: Wellness Professionals, group exercise instructors, massage therapists, additional vendors by request.
- Assist Program Manager upon request and assume Program Manager duties in his/her absence: such as perform site-specific payroll responsibilities, as deemed appropriate by Program Manager, assist Program Manager with Monthly and Quarterly reports as assigned, deliver New Hire Presentations and health awareness presentations upon request and participate as needed on short-term projects and/or teams.
- Assists Program Manager in tracking participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results.
- Assist in creating outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Assists with compilation of Quarterly Activity Report. Assist with Records Management process ensuring the storage, retention and confidentiality all data collected in accordance with Health Fitness requirements.
- Support/oversee day-to-day operations of the Energy Space, Group Exercise classes and Walk Club; administrative duties, working knowledge and compliance to site specific emergency response plans.
- Motivate participation through regular interaction with members and fitness challenges/events.
- Assists with the implementation of all fitness management activities including: teaching fun, safe and motivating group exercise classes as outlined in contract, fitness testing, orientations, exercise prescriptions, education programs and special events and stretch breaks by request.
- Develop and implement a plan to remain current in industry trends; professional certifications, e-trainings, as appropriate.
- Assist Program Manager in developing, implementing and evaluating the yearly strategic business plan to identify: contract deliverables, program/ service offerings, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy.
- Strategically support the Program Manager and other site partners as needed to ensure coordinated delivery of services and customer satisfaction.
- Track Fitness program participation including but not limited to: group exercise classes.
- Assist with monthly/quarterly reporting as needed.
- Maintain updated marketing materials at client site aimed to drive program participation.
- Establish a strategic marketing plan as appropriate and in compliance with the site communications guidelines.
- Drive employee engagement around all centrally delivered programs and wellness/fitness center programs effectively.
- Assist with site community events i.e. Operation Smile, Heart Walk, United Way as needed.
- Requires off-shift services at a minimum of a quarterly basis and additional quarterly site services at a secondary client location.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, analytical and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize conflicting work demands.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Current CPR/AED certification from AHA or American Heart Association preferred but required within 30 days of employment.
- Experience in Group Exercise Leadership and additional.
- CHES and/or ACSM certifications.
- Industry certifications preferred Group Exercise certification.
- Training or Experience with Health Coaching and/or Motivational Interviewing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability