Minneapolis or Chicago
OCTOBER 1st start date.
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
This position will be located at our office in Minneapolis, MN or Chicago, IL, and will be working to support the Danaher Team and Wellbeing Program. 25% Travel will be expected.
PM will report to the Strategic Director Client Success for Virgin Pulse. The Onsite Wellness Program Manager will be dedicated to Danaher and will work with Virgin Pulse and Client in the design and delivery of a comprehensive approach to improving Danaher employee health & wellbeing. The WPM will provide advocacy for Danaher’s suite of wellbeing offerings including Virgin Pulse products. They demonstrate a passion for health & wellbeing.
The PM will partner with Danaher and Virgin Pulse to create, organize, market and implement onsite wellness programs that address the health needs of Danaher’s employee population. This role will work closely with the wellness committees/departments to create integrated programming designed to improve awareness of health issues as well as create opportunities for the Danaher’s employees to engage in healthy activities. This individual will have the resources to answer all the questions about Danaher’s suite of wellbeing offerings inclusive of Virgin Pulse and their products. You have the ability to travel up to 25% to various Danaher locations. (Nationally).
In the role of Onsite Wellness Program Manager, you will wear many hats and your focus will be key in the following:
- Ensure Agreement compliance, interfacing with Client management and peripheral departments; Maintain ongoing communication with Client management and other functional areas, as appropriate, to assess Client needs and identify Virgin Pulse programming solutions.
- Along with CSM, consult and advise Danaher on strategic initiatives to improve employee health & wellbeing
- Coordinate planning and delivery of the Program throughout the entire organization in collaboration with corporate and site stakeholders.
- Implement yearly strategic business plan including program plan, marketing plan and communication plan as developed by Client Success Manager and Client.
- Along with CSM, provide input, coordinate annual ROI review meeting
- Ensure full integration of Program throughout all lines of Client business (e.g. Health and Safety, EAP, Benefits).
- Coordinate marketing and communications bringing in Virgin Pulse Corporate support as appropriate.
- Design and develop outcomes focused programs and interventions including data collection and evaluation process.
- Create outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive approach to launching a wellness champion network inclusive of Mission/Values, Recruitment, Role & Responsibilities, Success Metrics and ongoing sustainability plan
- Maintain accurate records and ensure confidentiality of all data collected during all health promotion activities.
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching sessions to all Program staff to ensure quality of all programs and Services being delivered.
- Assess effectiveness of current health education interventions and enhance delivery methods to reach all segments of the population with greater impact on outcome results.
- In conjunction with the Client Success Manager and Client's Leadership, introduces new Virgin Pulse programs, products and Services to the Client.
- Adhere to Client's security, safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Align with Virgin Pulse corporate support Services as applicable.
- Data Downloads - ability to download your data (contract dependent) with the Program Manager as the primary individual working in the back office, administration area.
- Assists with coordination of launch events across Danaher
- Program manager maintains a Program issue resolution log to ensure that Client and Program Participant issues are tracked and resolved. This includes management of wellbeing email inbox.
Meet the team.
Virgin Pulse’s Onsite Wellness professionals partner with our clients (in this case, Danaher) and Virgin Pulse to promote a culture of health and address the health needs of the employee population. Additionally, they work closely with the client corporate wellness program team to create integrated programming designed to improve awareness of health issues as well as create opportunities for Danaher team members to engage in healthy activities.
What you bring to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in health promotion, psychology, social work or other health related field
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources/Health Promotion preferred
- CHES, ACSM and fitness certifications preferred
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in fields related to health and wellness with demonstrated experience in emotional, financial and physical wellbeing.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in business environment/account management.
BEHAVIORS YOU REGULARLY DEMONSTRATE:
- Ability to initiate and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to quicker cadence
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding ability to deliver presentations at all levels within an organization; both small and large group
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service-orientation and analytical skills
- Able to create original motivational healthy living content
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Engaging, be able to spread enthusiasm contagiously and know their audience
- Collaborate and cultivate partnerships with Danaher team, Champions, others
- Strong problem solving skills, root cause analysis, strong communication skills, uses data analytics to develop and advise, test theories, and develop success measures
- Naturally curious
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.