The West Coast Client Lead will oversee assigned account relationships and act as a senior level sales consultant both internally and externally. This role will serve as a senior seller as well as a category expert for colleagues, specifically to aid sales peers around specific initiatives and opportunities, to manage relationships and to report to management on account trends. To be successful in this role, the west coast client lead will be expected to gain comprehensive knowledge of The New York Times products and policies, and develop a strong understanding of account needs and opportunities, with responsibility for overall performance.
- Sell advertising by utilizing consultative sales methods, category expertise and specific accounts.
- Keep abreast of category competitive trends and in a respectful and collaborative way
- Provide excellent peer to peer partnerships and client customer service and build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Have and promote deep knowledge of New York Times products and sales strategies.
- Conceptualize, prepare and deliver sales presentations.
- Communicate detailed and specific account and category information to sales management.
- Act as a team player and contribute to category and overall sales team’s success.
- Implement directives from Management
- Function as a key collaborator and positive motivator with sales peers and colleagues around category responsibilities.
- Potential travel to outer markets for industry events (when necessary and approved by management).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College degree • 5-10+ years print/digital advertising/media sales experience
- Extensive digital/social media experience
- Powerpoint, Excel and Salesforce proficiency required. •
- Experience in digital product organizations a plus.
- Strong communication, team leadership and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to: • Grow business ad revenue
- Be responsible for effective category communication to internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Travel as business requires
- Support other teams and company goals
- Work under deadline constraints
This is a Guild position
Benefits and Perks:
- Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism. •
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families
- We support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match
- We offer a competitive parental leave. • We are committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provide employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement. •
- We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
- Join a community committed to the richness of diversity, experiences and talents in the world we cover, supported by a variety of employee resource groups.
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.