Universal Industries, Inc., founded in 1906, has been a bulk material handling industry innovator for over half of a century. Beginning with bucket elevators and belt conveyors, Universal's blue equipment is seen all over the country from fields to foundries and from quarries to food plants, with the company headquarters located in Cedar Falls, IA. Universal Industries, Inc. targets many different markets, from seed and grain to pet food and bullets and is an industry leader in the seed market because of our "gentle handling" elevators. Because of our growth and expansion, Universal has an immediate opening for an Outside Sales Territory Manager. This individual is directly responsible for developing the sales efforts across a defined geographic territory, with the goal of increasing sales via face-to-face interaction. This role includes managing both existing customers and acquiring new accounts for further growth. Travel within the territory is approximately 50-60% of the time, including overnights, consecutively.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on business management or related field
- 5 years' experience, with history of success, in outside sales environment distributing products through a network of dealers. Experience in bulk material handling solutions preferred.
- Valid driver's license and clean Motor Vehicle Record**
- High level of motivation and ability to work autonomously
- Experience building relationships with distributors and end-users, such as production supervisors, maintenance managers and design engineers.
- Develop, manage and grow relationships with current dealers in established territory.
- Prospect for and sell to new customers in geographic territory.
- Plan, manage and be a single-point contact to assigned accounts to maximize potential.
- Prepare and present product presentations and sales/technical presentations.
- Obtain and exceed desired results in account growth, market penetration and revenue targets.
- Regularly visit customer sites to understand customer operations and search for growth opportunities.
- Prepare customer quotes after gathering data regarding customer requirements.
- Develop and execute sales plans and programs, both short and long term, to ensure the profit, growth and expansion of company products.
- Manage dealer/customer information utilizing CRM.
- Forecasting, reporting and maintaining effective communications with management on market opportunities.
- Participate in relevant trade shows and related associations for the promotion of Universal Industries' products.
- Extensive travel in territory of responsibility, via air and land mediums.
Universal Industries, Inc., is an EEOE and offers a competitive compensation (base plus commission) and benefits package, including:
- Company vehicle
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- 401K plan with company match