C.T. Male Associates, a multi-discipline engineering and architectural firm in the Northeast, is seeking a wetlands biologist with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience to join our Environmental Services Division in our Albany, New York Headquarters. This full-time position offers a complete benefits package, advancement potential, and firm ownership opportunities.
As a Wetlands Biologist at C.T. Male, you will exercise independent judgement performing field and office work necessary to complete field wetlands delineations and associated environmental permitting work, including protected species assessments and historic resources inquiries. Depending on your level of experience, you will have a wide variety of responsibilities, including, but not necessarily limited to: NEPA and SEQRA compliance work, writing environmental permits, performing or supervising stormwater inspections, environmental site assessments, subsurface investigations, and environmental sampling. Career growth opportunities through specialized training and education will be made available annually. Join a community that will strive to help you reach your greatest potential; when you succeed, we succeed.
- A minimum 4-year B.A. or B.S. degree with a major in biology or environmental science with biology concentration is preferred but soil science, geology, or hydrogeology degrees also will be considered. A candidate with a M.S. would be preferred for this position.
- A minimum of three (3) years of post-graduate relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of State and Federal environmental review protocols involving NYSDEC and USACOE is required, along with an ability to field identify wetland plants.
- Ability to travel to project site(s), walk for several miles, work in extreme temperatures, rough terrain and work independently in remote areas.
- A valid driver's license.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience developing client relationships and identifying business opportunities.
- Other specialized certifications would be a plus.
We are dedicated industry professionals in scientific, engineering, and planning consulting disciplines working together with our clients to develop comprehensive, science-based solutions to today's environmental challenges and regulatory requirements.Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, C.T. Male will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.0