The primary responsibility of the Wholesale Account Executive is to acquire and grow new revenue within the Managed Network Services suite of products and services. Desired outcome is acquiring new monthly recurring revenue at or above assigned growth and incremental revenue targets. Key function is prospecting, qualifying and closing customers within the Managed Network Services suite. This person must be a confident and professional communicator who is responsive to our clients in a personable manner. This person serves as the “voice” of the Company and must always be professional, courteous and friendly.
Reports to (Supervisor/Manager):
Works under the supervision of the Director, Wholesale
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selling individually and in combination any of the following: Managed LAN/WAN networking services, Software Defined Network Services, Application and/or outsourced solutions, Unified Communications/Collaboration services) and internet solutions .
- Collaborate with prospects and customers through a strategic and consultative sales approach to understand their business needs, issues, strategies, and priorities to deliver a value-added services solution.
- Build strategic relationships with executives and key business leaders to promote Managed Network Services and SDWAN to Managed Service Providers and VARs.
- Become a trusted advisor to senior IT and business executives in order to build long term relationships.
- Work cross functionally in order to achieve desired results.
- Evolve and develop an overall sales strategy and for Managed Network Services and SDWAN.
- Meeting and/or exceeding assigned sales objective and monthly revenue quotas and building new revenue.
- Must keep organized and accurate records on daily activities and results.
- Acquire and assimilate industry knowledge associated with general trends, emerging technologies and competitors.
- Ability to analyze and manage sales funnel and activities against assigned revenue quotas.
- Accountable for contract negotiation process with prospects and customers.
Provide back-up for other team members when necessary, cross-training a new team member or working on product development with marketing in order to assist in ICB’s and / or new products.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have 5 years of telecommunications and / or Managed Network Services sales experience with a minimum of 3 years specializing in Managed Network Services.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have superior knowledge of technology and provide solutions of Managed Network Services and SDWAN Services.
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined and provide prompt follow up to all prospect and customer inquiries.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be comfortable to present in both small and large group settings.
- Consultative or solutions selling training.
- Proven success in the development of complex and emerging technology solutions.
- Ability to analyze a prospect / customer opportunity from a financial perspective.
- Capacity to work with evolving product offerings with different underlying technologies.
- Knowledge and ability to explain and execute hybrid networking strategies.
- Familiarity with network migration and transformation to virtualization.
- Understanding or experience any with the following vendor solutions:
- Versa Networks
- Viptela/Cisco SDWAN
- Velocloud / VMWare
- Palo Alto
- Ring Central
- Experience with building and maintaining accurate and up to date strategic account plans.
- Proficiency in of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Valid Drivers' License. No DUIs within the past 3 years.
- Must have a clean DMV with a maximum of 3 points on driving record.
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time.
- Ability to drive and fly is an essential function of this position. Drivers with a suspended or revoked driver’s license are subject to disciplinary action up to and including separation of employment.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interviews and reference check; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.