PeopleTec is currently seeking a Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) SME to support our Colorado Springs, CO (Peterson AFB) location.
Provides WGS subject matter expertise to support technical assistance, analysis, and informal training related to the WGS satellite and the GSCCE. Support working groups and other meetings as directed by the customer. Guide and coordinate contract performance in various technical areas. Define, design and develop system requirements. Assess architecture and current hardware limitations, define and design complex system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinate integration of total system. Analyze and resolve difficult and complicated program support deficiencies. Conduct independent technical assessment of systems design. Coordinate and consolidate integration and test efforts on major projects related to all WSOMS control subsystems, Wideband SATCOM and commercial satellites supported by this contract, including WRMS, RMCE. Perform as the primary contract technical liaison with contractor technical experts, representatives of other contractors, and U.S. Government personnel. Lead or participate in spacecraft operations support, analysis, and reporting. Apply advanced knowledge of WGS, SATCOM transmissions, DSCS, and/or RSSC to achieve customer requirements associated with operations and sustainment of the WSOMS network and the GSCCE. Analyze telemetry in order to identify and troubleshoot anomalies as well as represent the customer in anomaly resolution teleconferences. Develop technical documentation and procedures for installation, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting and repair of equipment. Prepare documentation in accordance with technical specifications, program requirements, and quality standards. Support informal training related to the WGS satellite and the GSCCE. Provide work leadership for lower level employees as required. May require travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations. May require participation in technical meetings.
- A thorough understanding of the WGS platform and payload subsystems as well as the GSCCE, the primary payload command and control system.
- Military familiarity and training in DoD SATCOM and be able to demonstrate proficiency in SATCOM principles, technical analysis, and problem solving,
- Ability to excel within Government work environment and collaborate with Government and other contractor personnel Understanding of Wideband SATCOM Operations Centers (WSOC), and the Regional SATCOM Support Center (RSSC).
- Previous or current experience working within these centers preferred.
- Experience in military operations, daily operational support, planning, coordination, facility, personnel, training and technical analyses.
- Travel: 25%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Top Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Top Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree OR 10+ years of relevant experience in US Army SATCOM. (Master's Degree preferred)
- Advanced understanding and ability to troubleshoot WGS satellite and the GSCCE as well as the DSCS
- Prior wideband MILSATCOM enterprise and tactical terminal experience highly desired Security +
***This opportunity is contingent upon a contract award to PeopleTec***
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.