The Willow Applications Analyst III is a senior business specialist and technology generalist responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies. The Willow Applications Analyst III is responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to apply technologies to business processes by informing and advising customers on information system technologies' functionality, costs, benefits, and implementation requirements. Functions as technical liaison and broker of services with various vendors. Must develop and maintain credibility and effective working relations with both customer management and IT personnel in a way that demonstrates an understanding of business problems, as well as IT strategies, issues, and priorities. Acts as internal consultant, providing technical guidance or business process expertise on the most complex projects or researching strategic planning matters from a technical or business standpoint. Must be competent to perform and integrate work at a high level within this job family and work at an in-depth level within the technical and clinical areas.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
• Collaborates with management, clinical application analysts and IT staff to define or design business processes and identify enabling technologies based on customer requirements. Act as liaison between clinical and technical staff to make sure that the user needs are met.
• Actively seeks ways to apply existing technologies to clinical data and applications, researching and providing information on technical trends and practices relevant to healthcare delivery organizations.
• Informs and advises customers on information system technologies’ functionality, costs, benefits, and implementation requirements.
• Maintains a current understanding of strategic business initiatives and how they relate to IT goals and objectives. Assess near-term needs, utilizing structured interview processes to establish business priorities.
• Consults with technical experts and develop alternative technical solutions; seeks advice on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
• Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost versus benefit
• Act as a mentor to new and less experienced applications analysts involving training, task assignment, and project oversight.
• Participate in an on call customer support rotation during normal business hours and off hours
• Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
At least 3 -5 years of experience in either of the following:
•Business application design, development, and installation, or
•Significant healthcare background with demonstrated abilities in the applications arena.
Additional experience desired:
•Previous experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement is desirable, involving broad-based information systems and utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
•Experience in the strategic use of technology in managing and growing a business.
•Experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
•Strong understanding of inpatient pharmacy workflows and operations.
•Solid knowledge of medication billing workflows and requirements.
•Strong technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in terms that is understandable to the business.
•Strong understanding of project management concepts and documentation in planning and implementing multiple projects in a cross functional environment.
•Strong written communication skills, including technical writing.
•Strong verbal communication skills across all levels and departments within the organization
•Strong analytical and conceptual skills; a demonstrated track record in new concept development for various projects and complex technical plans.
•Ability to solve problems often spanning multiple environments in a business area
•Efficiently manage time to provide a high level of output
•Understanding of how IT affects an organization and ability to link it to redesigned business process
•Ability to be a team player; flexible, friendly, congenial, and enthusiastic.
•HL7 knowledge and experience working with automatic pharmacy dispensing systems are a plus