R&K Building Supply is a division of US LBM, a leading distributor of specialty building materials in the United States. We are seeking an experienced Window & Door Installer that will be responsible for installing windows and doors, training entry level technicians on installation methods and take directions from Field Supervisor & manufacturer on warranty requirements for all installed products.
Things you should know about working at R&K Building Supply:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How You Will Spend Your Days as a Window Installer:
- Follows instructions from field supervisor regarding installation of materials.
- Works with other installers to install products as assigned and trained.
- Responsible for installation of more technically advanced or demanding building products.
- Follows manufacturer directions and warranty requirements when installing products.
- Tracks time and materials as required for each installation project.
- Maintain all equipment in good order and report any malfunctions to field supervisor.
- Operates all equipment in safe and responsible manner.
- Train entry-level technicians on proper installation techniques and methods.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Attends all training to learn new technology of building materials and installation methods as required by location management.
- Cross-train in other areas to expand knowledge and expertise.
- Retain an awareness of the work environment critical to the task at hand to produce error free and damage free results.
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by field supervisor or location Management.
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Minimum education required�High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum experience required�1 year in installing products.
- Special skills required�Read and use a measuring tape and other required tools for complete installation.
- Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written skills and the ability to provide and/or follow detailed instructions.
- Physical demands include: walking throughout yards, plants and offices, regularly lifting 50 pounds and frequently lifting up to 100 pounds or more, working from heights on ladders or in tight spaces.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We�ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
If you are a motivated individual looking to join a great team we hope to hear from you soon!