Apex Systems is looking for a Technical SME with enterprise scale Windows 10 migration experience. The task involves developing and testing the Windows 10 image and supporting the deployment of Windows 10 to 11k systems. The task includes analysis of the environment (network, hardware and applications) to assess gaps in FDIC’s readiness.
The candidate must be able to gather requirements and help architect, plan and implement system solutions for a Windows 10 platform to meet customer requirements. Experience with web servers, databases, networks, cabling, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is required.
Work will be performed out of the client’s facilities in Arlington, VA.
Responsibilities for the Technical SME / Windows 10 Engineer includes:
- Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment
- Development and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, and other peripherals
- Assisting users with account setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PC's
- Computer life-cycle replacements utilizing WIN Imaging
- Document written reports to supervisor on a weekly basis
- Working with ticketing systems, Excel spreadsheets, and various databases
- Maintaining systems to meet or exceed client security requirements
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory
- Design and deployment of WIM with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) / BigFix Operating System Deployment (OSD)
Qualifications for the Windows Migration Engineer includes:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a Windows environment
- Strong knowledge of supporting MS tools (SCCM, BIGFIX, SCOM, DNS) is desired
- Must have experience performing Windows migrations
- Possess basic troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows environment and experience with Active Directory
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178