Windows /Linux Administrator–Silver Spring, MD
NOAA’s Office of Coast Survey (OCS), the largest program office within the National Ocean Service (NOS), maintains thenation’s nautical charts, surveys the coastal seafloor, responds to national maritime emergencies, and searches for underwater obstructions and wreckage. This position will support the OCS Information Technology Systems Branch (ITSB). Will provide enterprise-wide IT support and triage, troubleshooting, and resolution of IT issues.
Will plan and manage full life cycle IT including complex IT infrastructure to support development and operations. Will assist in providing reliable support and continuity of operations. Will build, configure, patch, supporting FISMA security requirements; and provide version updates; processes on both Windows and Linux Systems. Will support and maintain Coast Survey servers and applications and manage IT projects through the Coast Survey Project Portfolio Management system. Duties include support Windows (80%) and Linux Operating Systems (20%) through:
- Account Management services, including addition, deletion, and modification of user accounts
- Troubleshooting services, including working with users to resolve problems with Windows, Linux and Windows interconnectivity, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software, OCS custom developed software, OCS required software
- Working with manufacturers, resellers, and vendors who provide technical telephone support for software and hardware problems
- Making recommendations for product procurement, including working with vendors to determine proposed solutions and obtaining quotes
- Working with other LAN administrators to exchange information as well as solve larger scale problems
- Providing audit services including weekly auditing and reporting (stored on identified OCS network server) on pre-scheduled OCS network devices.
6 + years of experience with Windows Network Administration (MCSEpreferred) including building, configuring, patch updates, and version system updates; troubleshooting and resolving issues; and experience with routine Linux Server Administration activities. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Should also have the following experience:
- Supporting FISMA security requirements for Linux and Windows systems
- Documenting procedures, processes, and generating reports
- Working with IT security staff to ensure compliance with approved security configuration baselines and guidance
- Providing system administration support of applications and web services on Windows and/or Linux servers
- Integrating Microsoft Hyper-V Replica and Microsoft Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) into Disaster Recovery solution for Windows and/or Linux servers
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware issues with large-scale storage (NetApp) and data backup systems (Oracle StorageTek) located in a data center.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter theapplicable government facility.
BA/BS in Computer Science, related discipline,or equivalent.
Submit resume to ERT's Career Opportunities Web Page at:https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=ERT&cws=1
Earth Resources Technology, Inc. (ERT)
ERT is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer- All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.