THIS IS A PERMANENT CONTRACT POSITION LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN CHICAGO. MUST BE ABLE TO PASS TSA BACKGROUND CHECK. AFTER A PROBATIONARY PERIOD, ENGINEER MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK ONE TO TWO DAYS REMOTE.
The engineer has full responsibility for operational and troubleshooting and engineering support of Windows servers and supported applications.
The Windows Server Engineer is responsible for the following primary elements of server Problem Resolution:
- Research and apply service packs, hot fixes and security updates to servers as needed.
- Perform server administration functions such as scripting, group policy development and implementation.
- Analyzing file server performance data when needed.
- Establishing detection of hardware component failure, including network components using tools such as Service Center Operations Manager, Compaq’s Insight Manager and Dell’s Open Manage
- Establishing automated corrective action for server problems where possible.
- Assist with Client server connectivity issues.
- Assist with Network traffic issues.
- After hours support for server systems to be performed on as a rotation of Windows Engineering Support Team engineers.
- Assist the customer with distinguishing servers that could be disabled from those that must remain operational during periods of high risk or attack. Servers will be documented by criticality to distinguish each server’s operational priority.
- Perform account audits, log reviews, system file audits, patch audits, service audits and ports/protocol analysis for servers that must remain operational. Review results of such reviews and audits with the project lead(s)
- Install required server patches; remove unnecessary and unwanted files, applications, services and accounts. Document all such activity in a network device change log.
- Ability to manage and configure VM server environment
- Ability to manage 3rd party storage arrays
- 8 years minimum IT experience
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008 or MCSE Windows 2013 Server certification required.
- 6 years minimum experience in an enterprise server environment with both administration and problem resolution of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 required.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 Active Directory management including DNS, GPO expertise required.
- Professional attitude, appearance and communication skills required
- Management of a large Windows 2008/2012 environment (5000 objects minimum) including modification of thousands of users utilizing standard scripting tools is required.
- Systems management application (SCOM and/or SCCM) experience a plus
- CommVault experience a plus
- SAN storage management a plus
- Citrix XenApp .6.5 or 7.5 experience desired
- Blackberry Enterprise Server administration experience desired.