The Systems Engineer II is responsible for administration, monitoring and supporting all aspects of the Windows infrastructure including, hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.The Systems Engineer II is responsible for collaborating with Field Operations and other teams in the development of the strategic design and management of the enterprise endpoint environment.The Systems Engineer II will assist in the engineering of the standard desktop platform, design and implementation of the Windows operating systems, imaging solution, product and system lifecycle management, application packaging, compatibility testing, and deployment methods.
Systems Engineering - Architects, implements and supports infrastructure and endpoint technologies.
- Assist the team with deployment, operations, and maintenance of infrastructure & endpoint technologies
- Review existing technologies for vendor support and end-of-life information
- Contribute to design, implementation, integration, and testing of infrastructure & endpoint technologies
- Contribute to system design and architectures
- Support the deployment, operations, and maintenance of infrastructure & endpoint technologies
- Contribute to identifying migration path needs
- Participate in recommending solutions of varying complexities, and create strategies that consider all aspects of the customer's requirements and problem.
- Takes initiative in resolving problems that are ambiguous
- Assist the team with investigating, testing, making recommendations, and implementing solutions
- Assist the team in framing the essence of the customer’s issue, and builds scalable and adaptable solutions, while considering the larger stakeholder community
- Present unbiased positions to customers and explain ideas in understandable terms
- Prior to commitment to change, works with the team to consider impact and address any issues
Technical Support - Ability to understand internal/external customer technologies and problem resolution techniques.
- Administer, monitor and support all aspects of a Microsoft-based infrastructure & endpoint environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of routine techniques, skills, equipment, and procedures
- Apply knowledge to identify and takes initiative to respond to all system problems
- Assist in the resolution of low to medium complexity issues affecting Microsoft Server, Exchange, Active Directory and SCCM.
- Support Field Operations in designing, creating, and maintaining stable and efficient endpoint images/builds using SCCM OSD.
- Ensure that processes exist for updating images and ensuring images have current software releases including patching
- Understand and provide recommendations for endpoint configurations by use of image settings, SCCM and Active Directory group polices
- Assist with the management of desktop software distribution, operating system deployment, and patch management to enterprise workstations/laptops via Microsoft SCCM
- Provide Tier 3 support to Field Operations team, responding to situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing problems
- Provide support to Field Operations in the tracking, management and resolution of the root cause of incidents that pertain to desktop services with the goal of preventing a future recurrence of the same or related issues.
- Work to develop additional technical knowledge and skills
- Perform system maintenance activities
- Develop and maintain documentation of assigned environment
- Takes initiative to anticipate problems; sees how a problem and its solution will affect other areas
- Contributes to analyzing current processes and procedures for possible improvements
- Supports the team in evaluating new technology as potential solutions to existing problems
- Identify opportunities for more efficient and effective operations through the implementation of automation and monitoring.
- Evaluate reported problems, determine issue severity and collaborate with other IT departments to resolve the reported issue
SUPPLEMENTAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Assist personnel in other departments to resolve technical and/or application issues
- Develop and maintain documentation of the Microsoft Systems environments
- Embrace and foster the culture consistently modeling our values and norms
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field required.
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Server and endpoint technologies required within the following areas:
- Windows 2008/2012 and Active Directory required
- Microsoft System Center SCCM required
- DNS, IIS and DHCP required
- Working in a complex and dispersed environment required
- Setup and support for servers, clients, and client deployment required
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superior organization skills and multi-tasking abilities required
- Technical knowledge and experience with Microsoft SCCM deploying operating systems, applications, patch management, asset management, and desired configurations required
- Experience with technologies used to support the migration of a user’s profile from one device to another preferred.
- Strong knowledge of desktop applications and how they integrate with the operating systems and other applications required
- Strong knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 / 10), including registry, file management and group policies required