Since 1941, Rehmann has provided clients proactive ideas and solutions to become one of the top 40 largest accounting/consulting firms in the US. Now, with over 900 associates, we have expanded to form a synergistic collection of services including accounting, wealth management, investigative services, IT and more!
Rehmann has earned national recognition including:
- Ranked 26th Best Accounting Firm to Work For (Vault.com)
- #8 in Client Interaction
- #14 in Work/Life Balance
- #19 in Diversity for Women
- 101 Best Companies to Work For in Metro Detroit and West Michigan
What makes us one of the best? Real Connections. Real Opportunity. Real Impact.
We believe that long term success is built by real connections that foster collaborative relationships with Firm leaders and fellow associates, real opportunities that amplify your talent and leadership potential while maintaining a work/life integration, and real impact that engages your positive influence on not just your Firm and career, but your community and clients too.
To learn more about Rehmann, visit: www.rehmann.com/careers/why-rehmann
Our Commitment – Your Rehmann Internship Experience:
- Receive mentorship and support from team-focused associates invested in the development of others
- Collaborate directly with clients and top firm leaders
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of clients and industries
- Build new relationships in a friendly, professional, and growth-focused environment
- Experience a culture that promotes an open-door policy and work/life integration
- Engage in complex projects and engagements from start to finish
- Be entrusted with staff-level work that encourages creative problem solving and skill development
- Earn a voice that is heard and makes an impact
How You Will Make an Impact as an Audit & Tax Intern:
- Reviewing prior year work papers and most recent interim financial statements prior to the beginning of an engagement
- Performing audit procedures for moderately complex areas
- Identifying and drafting relevant management letter comments, supported by factual information corroborated with appropriate client personnel
- Maintaining knowledge of clients' policies, procedures and business conditions
- Understanding clients' basic accounting practices and transactions, and their inter-relationships with financial information systems
- Demonstrating working knowledge of clients' accounting systems, including computer control structure and environment, and assessing the effectiveness of controls
- Reviewing and understanding prior year tax returns and work papers
- Preparing individual, business and trust tax returns for detailed review
- Ensuring all issues are addressed or documented and work papers are complete
- Preparing tax liability projections for corporate and individual clients
- Becoming familiar with federal tax regulations
- Calculating tax extension and estimate payments
Your Desired Skills, Experiences & Values:
- Completion of Intermediate Financial Accounting I by the start of the internship
- Completion of a Tax or Audit class is preferred but not required
- Preferred graduation dates: December 2021 – May 2023
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Initiative and drive exhibited through leadership experiences in work and/or campus extracurriculars
- Some work experience (related or unrelated) is preferred
- Strong, hands-on Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Motivation to continuously learn and improve, easy to coach
- Unwavering integrity in all situations
- Enthusiasm, eagerness to engage, contribute, and have fun
Rehmann’s Interview Process:
- Apply: After you apply to this job posting, we will reach out to you within 1-3 weeks regarding whether you will be invited a first-round interview.
- First-Round: In a first-round interview, you will participate in an interview via Zoom with one of our managers, senior managers, or principals who work in the area of audit or tax.
- Waiting Period: We will reach out to you within 1-2 weeks regarding whether you will be invited to a final, second-round interview.
- Second-Round: Second-round interviews will take place in a round-robin format in which you will interview one-on-one with 3-4 associates at a variety of levels and specialty areas. This interview will also take place via Zoom and will be hosted in early-October.
- Offers: Offers will be extended throughout the month of October.
Apply now to begin your Rehmann experience.
Real Connections. Real Opportunity. Real Impact.